Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Reflective essay 2


Reflective Essay

       

     In my reflective essay I will talk about cultural diversity especially in Stereotyping, Prejudice, and Discrimination. I will define each term and give some examples that I have seen or heard about. Next I will talk about how my learning will be useful in the society and I hope it will make me better. Finally I will give my opinion and recommendations.

  
      Stereotyping is a thought process that organizes beliefs about one group of people and assigns them to everyone in that group. An example of stereotyping would be that you believe that Indian people like curry, while it might be a popular spice, I'm confident that not all Indian people like curry.  Prejudice is an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought or reason. For example my brother thinks that all Egyptians are liars because he knows an Egyptian man lies all the time. Discrimination is making a decision based solely on an individual's race, religion, ethnicity, cultural creed, sex or age, creating an unfair environment. An example I saw at my work that a Syrian employee works hard for 5 years and he doesn’t get promoted because he is Syrian.

   

       Unfortunately what have been mentioned early is real problems and we face it a lot of it in our lives and I hope this will be eliminate or reduced because this can create hatred between people and this destroy whatever we done before.  

 

    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment