Monday, October 1, 2012

week 1 lesson 1 (circle,defination, table)


LSS 2053 Cultural Diversity

Week 1 Lesson 1

 

1)      Put yourself in the centre. Around yourself put six people you know who are not Emirati. What makes them different from you? Their language, their ……

 

 

                Me







·         Name: Navita (Driver)

                        Religion: Christian

                        Gender: Female

                        Language: Philipino

·         Name: Carla (Doctor)

                         Religion: Christian

                         Gender: Female

                          Language: English

·         Name: Susan (Teacher)

                         Religion: Christian

                         Gender: Female

                         Language: English

·         Name: Hidait (Driver)

                        Age: 41

                        Religion: Christian

                        Language: Ardo         

·         Name: Alexandra (Teacher)

                        Religion: Christian

                        Gender: Female

                        Language: English

·         Name: Rita (home maid)

                        Religion: Hindu

                        Gender: Female

Language: Indian







             

 
 
 


 

 

 

 
 


2) Define yourself as an Emirati. Write a paragraph. Example – I was born in Abu Dhabi and my nationality is Emirati.


I’m an Emirati because I was born in Abu Dhabi also, my parents. I’m an Emirati because I got the Passport and Im broud to be an Emirati because this country helped a lot of countries and people and I think most the people from outside like the UAE due to what they hear about what this country did to help people.   


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

3)Define Culture Diversity.


 

Main Category

  Sub-Category

  Examples

1.       Religion
Hindu, Muslim, Christian
My teacher is a Christian
2.       Age
Kids, Teenagers, old people
I’m  teenager
3.       Language
Arabic, French, English
My teacher speaks English
4.       Gender
Male, Female
I’m a male
5.       Nationality
Emirati, Egyptian, Indian
I have an Egyptian friend
6.       Educational
Diploma, higher diploma, Bachelor
My brother finished his Diploma
7.       History
Pyramids, Romeo & Juliet
Pyramids age more than thousand year
8.       Clothes
Disdasha, Pants, T-shirts  
In UAE most people wear Disdasha
9.       Food
Pasta, Omelet, Biryani
My favorite food is biryani
10.   Traditions
Dancing with stick, Tomato festival
In UAE people dance with stick

No comments:

Post a Comment